Hello, I’m Leah Black a Youth Mentor, Trainer and Coach and Founder of The Youth Mentor Coach (TYMC). TYMC provides global online and in-person youth coaching, mentoring and training for aspiring young leaders (13-30 years old), youth changemakers, youth coaches and youth practitioners. Preparing future generations of leaders and changemakers to be the best they can be for themselves, for others and for the sustainable development of the world.
TYMC also supports international NGOs, schools, universities, businesses, practitioners and grassroots charities working with young people worldwide, through consultancy, training, mentoring, group coaching and other services to develop their young leaders and youth leadership programs.
Coaching teens, young people and youth practitioners, mostly on a virtual basis via Zoom or WhatsApp, to:
– Identify their career, university or courses
– Improve their youth coaching & youth work skills
– Become an inspiring youth & community leader
– Their emotional well-being, identity & confidence
– Listen to their calling to help the world
– Discover their true potential and purpose
– Not worry about what others think about them
– Achieve, succeed, make impact & gain better results
– Explore the world, take a gap year or have the confidence to go for that dream adventure
– Manage their time, performance and workload
– Enhance their public speaking, interview, leadership, social and presentation skills
– Prepare for transitions into university, careers & leadership
– Build positive relationships, standing out from the crowd & making a good impression
– Deal with conflict, managing anger and emotions
– Effectively help, inspire and empower others, etc.
15 Years’ experience working with young people and students (11-25yrs.+) in the charitable sector & education
Youth Mentoring since 2007 & Coaching since 2013
Level 4 NVQ in Advice & Guidance (courses & careers)
2500+ hours of 1:1 & group youth mentoring & coaching
Completed a 135 hour ACTP Accredited Certification in Advanced Coaching ‘Coach to Lead’. EMCC Accredited Coach & Mentor at Senior Practitioner Level: EIA20216129.
Holds other certificates in Coaching & Group Coaching
Post-Graduate Diploma in Youth & Community Work, at Masters level, with Distinction
Level 7 JNC Professionally Qualified Youth Worker
Trainer, speaker, educator & workshop facilitator (400+hrs)
Train the Trainer Certified & holder of an Edexcel Level 3 Award in Assessing Candidates
Developed 7 youth mentoring & coaching programs in the UK, Uganda, Zambia, Kenya & virtually
Experienced in supporting young people with their mental health, Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD & post-trauma
Experienced in prevention, intervention & child protection. Supported young people with medical needs & disabilities
Extensive staff, student & volunteer supervision experience. Taught Personal Social Health Education etc.